Thursday, August 6, 2009

Check your SHOES!

Thoughts--Today is the 64th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima. I realized it when I was listening to my WWII Audio book and the author was talking about the bombing and mentioned it happened on Aug. 6th...kinda strange listening to that part of the book and realizing it was the anniversary...

Deeds--I went to the gym before work (in the building where I work). I packed my gym bag with my "work clothes" including my dress shoes, belt, etc. I changed into my work clothes and realized to my dismay that I had packed TWO RIGHT FOOTED DRESS SHOES. I recently bought new dress shoes and my two pairs of shoes were next to each other in the closet. Considering home is an hour away I had quite the dilemna...I can wear my gym shoes with my dress clothes (Dofus)...wear one dress shoe and one gym shoe(Hi I'm a Loser) OR I can wear two right footed dress shoes and hope no one notices and that it doesn't hurt too much. Here is the option I choose (The Dofus + Loser look=Lame!). Weird but no one seem to notice... read quote below.
Words--Movie Quotes (Shoe related)

Shawshank Redemption --"Andy did like he was told, buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine. The guard simply didn't notice. Neither did I... I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes?"



Fletch--"I would have been here sooner, but a manure-spreader jackknifed on the Santa Ana. ***dawful mess. You should see my shoes..."

4 comments:

mle said...

Hahahaha! If you were to ride the metro, I'm sure a ton of people would have noticed your shoes. That's all I look at when I ride. Your left foot definitely looks wrong. :D

Sarah said...

At least they were the same color.

Jeremiah said...

Ha ha! That's just awesome. At least they weren't two "left feet" (buh dump bum pshh). :-)

Tami said...

This made me laugh out loud! That is hilarious!