Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wolfprey


Thoughts-- I had a dream Monday night about the military helicopter/jet plane called the Osprey. It is an actual military vehicle that takes off and lands like a helicopter but flies like an prop-jet airplane. HOWEVER in my dream I witnessed the next generation called the "Wolfprey". Don't know if this exists but in my dream it essentially functioned the same way as an Osprey except it had radar stealth technology and it was silent when hovering like a helicopter. It was shaped almost like a Snowspeeder from "Empire" but had kinda that Stealth Bomber look to it. The stealth design allowed it to move into combat areas undetected. The silent Helicopter function allowed soldiers to be dropped onto buildings from repelling ropes to create surprise attacks especially in hostage situations. NOW why I had this dream I have no idea...I ate ice cream and watched Sportscenter before falling asleep which is a standard for me (But then bizarre dreams like this are also a standard). I had to look up what an Osprey looked like to see if it matched my dream. My big fear is that somehow my mind wandered into the Military mainframe computers while I was sleeping and accessed Top Secret Military aeronautical test information on this new "Wolfprey" that I "Dreamed" up.

Deeds-- Tuesday night I had dinner with John Raeder the CEO of IQNavigator. He was in DC on business and invited 6 members of our team that support the Northrop Grumman account to dinner as a celebration for the long term contract that was just signed between our companies. He had just met with Calvin Freeman who is the Procurement Director that I report to at Northrop Grumman. This was the first time John and I have met and it was amazing because he starts giving me all of this great feedback that Calvin had passed on to him about the great work I was doing, how dedicated I am to the account and what meant the most was Calvin told him that I am a strong of "Family Man". That meant alot because above all that is how I hope people think and remember me. John told me that these are all attributes that are dear to him and commended me on my success. I of course was feeling pretty good about things when we then sat down to dinner. The first thing John does is share with the entire team about his meeting with Calvin and then proceeds to tell the whole team everthing he had just told me. I think my head was floating off my shoulders at this point. Our team ended up staying at the Restaurant with John for nearly 4 hours eating, and talking business and life. The other thing that stood out was how everyone knows I do not Drink and they went out of their way to support me in this. The group that came up from Newport News had gotten gifts including wine for other members of the team. They brought me a nice bottle of Trader Joes Sparkling Lemonade as a gift. And when they ordered Champaiyne to toast our success they made sure that the waiter, without me knowing, only brought glasses for everyone else and they had me toast with my Ginger Ale (I take this as a compliment). I am very blessed to be in the job position and company I am with right now.
Words-- Monty Python Quote of the day--"Did he say Splunge?... What does Splunge mean?!?!"
"It means it could be a great idea but possibly not...I'm not being indecisive...!"

No comments: