Thoughts--My commute to work is about an hour each way. I got a library card from the Reston Library near work. I have been checking out audio books that I listen to on my commute. Lately I have been doing a WWII theme. I have listened to "Night" about a holocaust survivor, "The Diary of Anne Frank" about a holocaust victim, and now I listening to "Souvenir". It is about a women who after her Fathers death, finds hundreds of letters that her Father wrote to her Mother during WWII. He never spoke of the war so she is learning about who he was before he experienced combat to how he changed during and after combat. The souvenir is a small silk Japanese flag that he sent home that she tries to find out where it came from and why. I always read and listen to non-fiction and this Libary has a huge selection of non-fiction audio books. For whatever reason I want to read stuff that is about real life especially history. I think because I have enough fantasy nonsense going on in my head I don't need to really add more "Fiction" to it.
Deeds--Julie and I played tennis today after work. I won again 6-2. She did win the first game on a long volley in which she got me running all over the place and finally placed it perfectly in the corner to win. I love playing tennis with her. We have done it a lot this summer and we both look forward to playing. It sure is nice having a court in front of our house.

4 comments:
I wish I could play tennis with you! It really is nice that you have a court across the street.
words: I think you might be a ghost.
I read the book "Band of Brothers" which is true stories of an army airborne company basically from their days in boot camp to the end of WW2. I dunno if you saw the mini series made about it but its really good and very interesting.
Are you practicing to beat Patty and I? Steve, please don't make me crush Julie's spine -- but you know I will if I have to.
I love audiobooks! Thanks for some good suggestions.
Post a Comment