Sunday, August 9, 2009

Antique Cars and Speaking Engagements

Thoughts--Last night I had a dream that one of my old mission companions Robert Porter came driving up to me in an antique German sportscar. I was really excited to see him especially since in real life I heard that he had died and that I had not seen or heard from him in 15 years. We were companions in the MTC then ended our Missions together in the same district in La Vega. The weird part of the dream was that he was giving me the antique car as a present. I guess he was pretty well off. I just remeber feeling guilty because I was excited to own the car only so I could sell it. What does that say about me...it was just a dream...or was it...


Deeds-- I spoke in church today. The Branch and the Ward are both still meeting together at the Stake Center since the expansion is not quite done on our building. The topic was "Laws and Ordinances" from the Preach My Gospel manual. I spoke about the time I got pulled over and ticketed doing 29 mph (in a 15 mph zone in Provo) and went to traffic school to get it expunged. The police officer at traffic school said all of you know the traffic laws and you know how to drive but sometimes after years of driving we tend to become complacent and lazy about checking mirrors and using turn signals which could prevent accidents and save your life. I compared this to our lives in how sometimes the things that are important we become complacent about.


Words--Book of Mormon Mosiah 18: 8-10 (LOOK IT UP!!!)

3 comments:

Julie Vorhauer said...

You did a great job on your talk and got lots of great feed back on how good it was....I wouldn't mind having the money after selling that car.

Tami said...

Maybe it's true, but cops are not nice either. It would be so much better if they were out arresting drug dealers and rapists rather than a lonely car on a deserted road going 29mph at night with a crying baby.

Tami said...

You dream a lot. Odd for a guy, I think. Maybe you should make a poll about who remembers their dreams and whether they are male or female.