My main reason for starting a blog was just so I could be like everyone else...
Wait...no thats not it...
I wanted to start a Blog to share the latest happenings in the life of the Vorhauers...
Uhm...Ohhhhh SNAP!!! Thats been done before...Julie keeps an amazing blog of all of the cool events in our life.
Hmm so my main reason for creating a blog is...never mind lets just get started.
Sunday Thoughts---(Its the Sabbath so I will post something Churchy)
Today I taught Elders Quorum. I shared my favorite Joseph Smith quote that I have found so far from his Journal. Random people were always showing up on his doorstep. January 21, 1836 a Minister from Conneticut show up and began asking Joseph Smith about the Church...
"He then asked me werein we differ from other Christian Denomination..."
I personally have been asked this question many many times. My responses typically begin with our belief in the Book of Mormon, Latter day revelation and Prophets etc. HOWEVER I love JS response...
"...I replied that we believe the Bible, and they do not..."
This is quite a bold response but it speaks to the Knowledge that Joseph Smith as a Prophet has of the Gospel. He was a chosen servant the same as other Prophets from the Bible and from his own revelations from God he understood and believed the Bible more than anyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah for blogs. I look forward to following yours!
Another blog to follow! I can't wait for all the randomness
Thanks for the link to your new blog! I'm sure I will now be well informed of weird and random happenings (as well as some cool ones)!
Great - another blog that I can't read while at work. Who has time to use the computer when you are home anyways?
Post a Comment