Words- Primary Themes. At church on the first Sunday of the month the Primary asks me to come in and present the new primary theme for the month.
The themes are just a simple phrase like Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I usually try to do something that will grab the kids attention for a few minutes that presents the theme in a fun way. I brought in our Gardenia that appeared to have died so we put in on the back porch and rainwater brought it back to life-Analogy to the Savior and the resurrection. Last month I brought in the childrens book "Are you my Mother" and applied to the concept that their is only one Savior. Today the theme was "God Speaks Through Prophets". So I told the children I was going to tell them the theme but then I went out in the hall and said it where they could not see or hear me. I did this twice and then said I was going to tell the theme to a messenger and then the messenger was going to give the theme. So I did this using an old missionary badge of mine so that the person represented me. I love doing these theme's each month its fun to interact with the primary children.
The themes are just a simple phrase like Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I usually try to do something that will grab the kids attention for a few minutes that presents the theme in a fun way. I brought in our Gardenia that appeared to have died so we put in on the back porch and rainwater brought it back to life-Analogy to the Savior and the resurrection. Last month I brought in the childrens book "Are you my Mother" and applied to the concept that their is only one Savior. Today the theme was "God Speaks Through Prophets". So I told the children I was going to tell them the theme but then I went out in the hall and said it where they could not see or hear me. I did this twice and then said I was going to tell the theme to a messenger and then the messenger was going to give the theme. So I did this using an old missionary badge of mine so that the person represented me. I love doing these theme's each month its fun to interact with the primary children.Deeds- Oldest and Youngest. Last Saturday was Todd's (My Oldest Son) Birthday.
He had some friends over for a party Friday night (Video Games/Pizza).
A friend gave us a bunch of old XBOX games so he got those. We also got him a new Bass Guitar case, and a book of rock bass music. On Saturday Seth (My Youngest Son) played in his indoor soccer game.
Watching 4-5 year olds play soccer reminds me of the old Charlie Brown cartoon where the baseball players are standing in the outfield counting clovers or watching the clouds, meanwhile the ball falls right between them.
After the Soccer game we went to the Mall in Hagerstown to meet Grandma. Grandma bought Todd a new suit and then he got to buy an XBOX360 with his money/giftcard and the rest we paid for as he met certain promised conditions from the past couple of years. After the mall we went to Golden Corral and stuffed ourselves. That place is good but I feel like such a glutton when I go there...
He had some friends over for a party Friday night (Video Games/Pizza).
A friend gave us a bunch of old XBOX games so he got those. We also got him a new Bass Guitar case, and a book of rock bass music. On Saturday Seth (My Youngest Son) played in his indoor soccer game.
Watching 4-5 year olds play soccer reminds me of the old Charlie Brown cartoon where the baseball players are standing in the outfield counting clovers or watching the clouds, meanwhile the ball falls right between them.
After the Soccer game we went to the Mall in Hagerstown to meet Grandma. Grandma bought Todd a new suit and then he got to buy an XBOX360 with his money/giftcard and the rest we paid for as he met certain promised conditions from the past couple of years. After the mall we went to Golden Corral and stuffed ourselves. That place is good but I feel like such a glutton when I go there...On Sunday Todd wore his new suit to church.
In Sacrament meeting he was Recognized for completion of his Duty to God requirements for Deacon. He has been working hard on completing this and I was extremely proud of him. After church I was able to ordain him to the office of a Teacher.
In Sacrament meeting he was Recognized for completion of his Duty to God requirements for Deacon. He has been working hard on completing this and I was extremely proud of him. After church I was able to ordain him to the office of a Teacher.

2 comments:
I am so proud of Todd for his accomplishments. He looks so handsome in his new suit. I also like his guitar cake. :)
Todd looks good in his suit! Five years to mission goes very fast.
Post a Comment