Thoughts: I really Enjoy playing basketball. The past 4-5 months I have been playing regularly at the church on Sat. Mornings. This year has been really fun because I started bringing Todd who is also really getting into basketball. He has become pretty good in a short time and I hope to continue to teach him. This past Saturday was the Mens Basketball Tournament. I had invited the whole "Crew" from Rockville to come play. Asif decided to play and was so dedicated he stayed in a hotel in Winchester over night. I also brought a guy, James from our neighborhood that the missionaries have been teaching. We had fun playing but ended up losing both games in the double elimination tournament. Some of the highlights for me was Asif shooting a long range shot and I caught it and put it right back up and in even though I was surrounded by 3-4 large players. I like to think Asif was just throwing an "Ally-oop" pass rather than an airball shot. The other highlight was I referreed one of the games. It was the first time I had ever done that in my life. Right in the middle of of the action Asif comes running up the sidelines and grabs my arm and points at the other referee and says...
Words: ..."Look its Jacob from 'LOST'...". I guess he did kinda look like him...
Deeds: This week for Family Home Evening we went out to Home depot and let each of the kids pick out a packet of seeds of their choosing. This evening after dinner we got out the dirt and planted them into some eggshell planters. Everyone planted a vegetable except Hannah who planted Parsley. It was a fun activity that kept the kids from fighting and playing video games for a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment