Thoughts-On Saturday I had the pleasure of going to a double Eagle Court of Honor. Both of the young men are Brothers, Tyler and Jacob Grow. I was their Young Men's President at Church for over 3 years. We had lots of fun experiences together in Scouts and Church including the goofy Videos we made for the Cinematography merit badge. It has been amazing to see these two young men grow and mature from 12 year old Tenderfoot Scouts to Eagle Scouts.

These Two young men also have the blessing of having very loving and involved parents.


At the end of the ceremony the Eagle Scouts themselves presented three awards/pins. One is for the Mother and one is for the Father and the third pin is for a Mentor. To my great thrill and honor, Jacob Grow presented me with his Mentor Award Pin. He stood before the audience and told everyone how I had made an impact in his life even before he was a Scout and he tried to do everything I told him to do. I could not have been any more proud at that moment. To know that I had made such a difference in this young teenagers life and had been an example and mentor was and is a great feeling.
Words-The Scout Law-A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.




No comments:
Post a Comment