Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thirty-Ate

Thoughts-I turned 38 this week. Is that old? I used to think so but i'm not 40 so I am not THAT old...We watched "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". I warned the kids that it was funny but would probably make no sense to them...I was right. We had lemon bars for dessert. Dusty called me for my birthday which was really nice. Julie and the kids got me a really super warm and soft micro fleece. Seth also got me some basketball socks. I have been playing basketball every Saturday until we have had the recent snowfalls. Speaking of snow I think I have been shoveling snow every day of my 38 year old existence.
After last Saturdays record snowfall we then had another foot of snow on Tuesday/Wednesday. Its like the most snow in 100 years in this area.

Deeds-This Saturday we went to Manassas. I had been wanting to visit my Grandma (95 years old) for awhile. I had called her a few weeks ago after she had been in the hospital for chest pains. It turned out to be nothing but I still needed to visit her. So I dropped Julie off at the movie theater in Manassas to get tickets for "The Lighting thief" while I went over to visit my Grandma with Todd. She could not believe how big Todd had gotten. We laughed and talked about old times and memories I have like picking string beans in her garden with her. She really got excited when we started to talk about her model trains. Those are some great great memories of playing with her model trains at her house growing up. She even got out some of the ones she still has and we took some pictures of them.
It is amazing that she is still as sharp as a tack and can remember everything. She was telling me about the first radio her family had. I love her very much and I am so thankful to have been able to have her in my entire life. It is amazing to think she was live during WW1 and WWII. After visiting with her we went to the movie theater and saw the Lightning Thief and then went to the Golden Corral for dinner. It was kind of a Valentines Date for the whole family. After being shut in due to the snow for the past week it was nice to get out.

Words-I LOVE JULIE!!! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LITTLE LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: