Deeds--So I go through the Target check out line yesterday and the cashier points at my security badge for work and says hey you have the same name as my nephew. I go "Steve?" she says "nooooooo" so I look at my badge to make sure I know my name (Does she have a nephew named Vorhauer?). I see that on my badge it says "Stephen" so I ask is it Stephen? She says "YES!". Then she asks why I have that badge and says "Are you a secret agent?". Now I have worked around this area for over 10 years and for the last 10 years I have always worked at a location that requires a security badge. Their are TONS of office buildings all around this Target and I would guess that almost every location requires a security badge. But apparently this is the first time she has seen a customer wearing one so she keeps asking about it (and she is serious...). "Do you work for the government?" "No". "Are you in a top secret location?", "No". I simply said, its just a security badge and that most office buildings require you to have one.
Thoughts--I was able to replace the harddrive in our computer (since it crashed last week); install Windows XP; get the wireless internet back up and running; reinstall all of our programs; YET for some reason I can't get the sound to turn on...Windows troubleshooting just asks me in 10 different ways if it is plugged in...Computers just annoy me.
Words--Sam Gunderson emailed me a two page letter yesterday that contained a very Humble testimony he had written. In reading in the Book of Mormon I came across this scripture which seems to fit his testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ perfectly; Alma 34:31 "Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repend and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemtion be brought about unto you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That Target experience is hilarious! I also hate computers (when they don't work right). I like the part "now is the time and the day of your salvation." This can be applied to so many different aspects of life.
Do you work for the government?
Post a Comment